Preparations for our project “In their shoes” is going according to plan. Participants are preparing workshops and preparatory assignments, researching martial arts and how to best organize the trip. The host organization (Para taekwondo Club Krijesnice) has booked accommodation and is preparing the logistics of the project.
Project dates have been set and they are 04.05. – 11.05.2021. The activity will take place in Zagreb in the beautiful Maksimir Park outdoors. You can find more about Maksimir Park on their website https://park-maksimir.hr/. The project will bring together young people from Bulgaria, Romania, Italy and Croatia and the main theme of the project is martial arts, young people with special needs and young people with fewer opportunities.
In their shoes project is youth exchange funded by the European Union. It is part of the Erasmus plus programme. Host organization is Para taekwondo klub Krijesnice while partners are Il Cassetto dei Sogni from Italy, Asociatia Babilon Travel from Romania and ArTeam from Bulgaria.
This project was developed with the main aim to stimulate the social inclusion of young people with disabilities as well as to create a bridge between different social groups and build better mutual comprehension and dialogue.
Project objectives are:
– To support interaction and development of understanding, tolerance and acceptance between young people with and without disability;
– To encourage expression, discussing common values and finding common interests as a channel to establish quality dialogue and cooperation between the participants;
– To increase the knowledge of participants on how to communicate effectively as well as the significance of teamwork and cooperation, goal-setting, self-discipline, respect for others, and the importance of rules;
– To enable disadvantaged participants to take risks and learn how to manage failure and success in a safe and supportive environment;
– To increase intercultural awareness of the participants, their sense of belonging to the same EU community as well as to develop their language skills;
– To promote Erasmus+ Programme and its Inclusion and Diversity Strategy.