We are so happy we can welcome young people from Bulgaria, Romania, Slovenia and Croatia in our beautiful city of Zagreb for Erasmus project Inspired by M. Arts. As Desiderius Erasmus inspired western culture, we hope to inspire our participants with martial arts for 8 days of youth exchange. The expected background of participants is youth with special needs and/or fewer opportunities with mental disorders, physical disabilities, economic obstacles, social obstacles and geographical obstacles.
We want to develop self-confidence and thankfulness, create healthy habits and encourage individual mental and personal growth through martial arts. According to many research papers and articles, martial arts and physical engagement lead to higher morale, work rate, memory, cognitio, motor skills and other skills and accomplishments. These positive impacts can especially be seen in young people with disabilities or fewer opportunities who opt for this kind of training.
The goals of the project are;
1) To improve skills and abilities needed for participation in society of young people with disabilities and/or fewer opportunities.
2) To improve health, gratitude, and self-confidence in people with disabilities and/or fewer opportunities via martial arts.
3) To promote difference and acceptance of people with disabilities and/or fewer opportunities in their local communities.
4) To advocate social inclusion of people with disabilities and/or fewer opportunities via martial arts and outdoor interaction.
5) To accept the differences by learning and welcoming various cultures, experiences and physical obstacles.
Inspired by M. Arts is Erasmus + KA 1 project funded by European Union. Project coordinator is Para Taekwondo klub Krijesnice from Croatia while partners are ArTeam, from Bulgaria, Associatia Babilon Travel from Romania and Društvo Mladi Evropejci from Slovenia.